Here are some useful links to various helpful sites that I enjoy browsing.
• Selway Fisher: This is the site for the designer of many boats, kayaks and canoes. You can buy your plans on line. Paul is very helpful and if you have queries he will answer promptly by e-mail.
• Dennis Davis: Interesting Kayak designs using novel bending techniques to achieve the hull shapes, so check out his site and keep up to date with his new designs.
• Chesapeake Light Craft: USA Supplier of plans and kits for various kayaks. Also lots of information.
• Guillemot Kayaks: Supplier of designs and kits for beautiful wood strip kayaks. Good discussion forum and lots of useful information. I shall make one of these one day when I have time!
•Fyneboat Kits: If you decide to buy a kit you might try this UK company. They have a good range of kits and plans.
Resin and glue:
• SP resins: I have used this resin for both boats. Buy from East Coast Fibreglass supplies (UK supplier)
• West Systems: Another well known resin system (UK distributor for US company).
• UK Epoxy Resins: Resins and materials you can purchase on -line. Together with free designs! Materials and Tools:
• Robbins Timber: A useful page about marine plywood. They can supply all your timber needs!
• Axminster Tools: every tool you could possibly want.
• Screwfix: UK Fasteners company of all types of screws (especially Stainless Steel) at bargain prices.
• RWO: Hatches and fittings page of supplier of boat fittings
• Desperate Measures: Nottingham based supplier of new boats, paddles and all kayaking equipment at good prices.
• Bournemouth Canoes: Poole based supplier of Kayaks, Canoes and accessories.
• Gavin Atkin: lots of free plans and design stuff.
• Harbour Boats: Makers of Beautiful hand built kayaks and canoes. If all goes wrong you could always buy one these instead!
• Dorset: Find out about my beautiful County and consider a visit!
• Poole: One of the largest Natural harbours in the world! A truly magic place!
• Sea Kayaking UK: Web site for Nigel Dennis who builds kayaks and runs courses. I own one of his sea kayaks and have also attended one of his courses at Anglesey.
• The Canoe Man: Mark Wilkinson is the “Canoe Man”, based on the Norfolk Broads and supplies transport and canoes for the B&B trails. Mark also runs many other canoeing trips on the Broads, so check out his site and get booked on to a trip.